Google Apps for Education – Set up and training package
Google Apps for Education
What is it and why should we use Google Apps For Education in school?
Google can offer your school an amazing collection of free tools to support communication and build a community of collaboration. It has ‘free Web-based email/calendar and MS Office equivilent documents for collaborative learning anytime, anywhere. Plus tonnes of additional apps and unlimited free cloud storage given to each teacher/user.
If want to “go Google” this is the best place to start. Our Google support package includes; complete set up and 3 twilight training sessions to give staff amazing digital powers.
Google Apps for Education Setup Package is £450.00 or you can allocate time from your CLC SLA.
Google Apps serves as an excellent example of how cloud-based storage can help the learning process, allowing the teacher/learner to:
– Access files anytime on any device with an Internet connection;
– Work offline with documents;
– Share files/ documents with others and collaborate in real time, great for collaborative planning or group work;
– Share folders with students and receive and feedback on work or start class discussion;
– Allow read-only access on documents and share with students as a resource, with no photocopying;
– Create class blogs and embed video, photos and class work easily, so parents can get involved;
– Save/ export a document in a variety of formats including those used by MS Office;
– Work with other Google Apps to provide a platform for forms, surveys, quizzes, projects etc;
– Easy save and share to Google Drive with two taps of an icon or clicks of a mouse;
– Integration directly into many iPad apps;
– Search files in Drive for name or keyword.
These are just a few ideas of how Google apps can be used.
Google Apps for Education is a powerful set of tools that can have a real impact and help prepare our learners for a successful digital future.
For more information about this package simply call 0151 443 2155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org