Write a Rebus using Book Creator
- Key stages 1 – 2.
- Apps: Book Creator
- This is a great activity for younger children.
- A Rebus is a story where pictures replace words or part of words. This can be a really challenging and interesting activity.
1. Children can either write their own story or rewrite a story they have read in class.
2. Ask the children to open the Book Creator App and open a new book.
3. The children can first create a cover for their book and then on a subsequent page, ask the children to add a text box and write their story using Emojis to replace certain words. To access the Emoji keyboard, click on the smiley face circled on the image below. To return to the normal keyboard, click on the globe icon as circled on the second image below.
4. Once the children have finished their books, ask them to click on My Books to return to the main menu. Then select the square icon underneath their book (3rd option across) and export as an ePub or PDF, select the mail option and email the file to yourself for later printing.